Because to the Oculus Quest 2, virtual reality gaming has gained increasing popularity in recent years. This is due to the fact that it is one of the greatest standalone VR headsets that can be purchased at its pricing point. You can even broadcast the games you play on your Oculus Quest 2 to Discord, as well as other platforms, including browsers. How To Stream Oculus Quest 2 To Discord? Although the procedures aren’t exactly easy to follow, they aren’t exactly difficult, either. So let’s have a look at how to stream Oculus Quest 2 to Discord in this handy tutorial, shall we?
The Step-by-Step Guide to Streaming Oculus Quest 2 on Discord
- In order to start casting your Oculus Quest 2 to your browser, you will first need to log in to your Oculus account and then begin casting. Keep in mind that your Oculus Quest 2 can only be cast to the Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers.
- After you have successfully logged in, you should be brought to the casting page.
- Next, you will need to activate the menu in your headset by pressing the Oculus button located on your controller.
- You will see four choices at the very top of the screen; choose the fourth and final option, which is labeled Cast.
- From this point forward, choose the computer from which you want to cast, and then click the following button.
- You should be able to cast your headset to your browser if you successfully follow the instructions that were just shown to you. You may verify that it is casting by searching for the red dot on the top right side of the screen. This will show you that it is working.
- Launch Discord, and begin the screen sharing process. You have the option of selecting either your screen or your browser from the available programs.
Casting with the help of Virtual Desktop
Before we get into the stages, it is important to understand that Virtual Desktop is a premium program that can be purchased for a total price of $19.99 at the time this post was written.
- On your Oculus Quest 2, download and install the Virtual Desktop program.
- Install the Virtual Desktop streamer application on your own computer.
- Launch the desktop application, and after entering your Oculus user name, you will be able to connect to the Quest 2 app.
- Now, on your Quest 2, bring up the Virtual Desktop. Your desktop should appear on the screen if everything is connected correctly.
- To access the Desktop window, press the button that opens the menu.
- Navigate to the Settings menu and check that the Microphone passthrough option is turned on before you continue. It is strongly suggested that you should not use the noise cancellation feature.
- Choose the VR Graphics Quality that corresponds to the strength of your computer’s graphics card in the Streaming section. Make the corresponding adjustment to either low, high, or medium.
- Keep the settings for the VR Bitrate at their default.
- Next, launch Discord and go to the Voice & video settings. Here, change the input device to the microphone virtual audio device. Also, return the output device to its previous settings.
Do you have the ability to stream Oculus on Discord?
SideQuest may also be used to integrate Discord into the virtual reality experience provided by Oculus Quest. Take note that in order to broadcast virtual reality on Discord, you will need a SteamVR headset with a mirror screen. To do this, launch one of the Steam virtual reality programs and choose the Mirroring option from the menu that appears.
What steps do I need to take to broadcast my VR headset to Discord?
The browser is being cast to Discord.
After you have successfully logged in, you should be brought to the casting page. Next, you will need to activate the menu in your headset by pressing the Oculus button located on your controller. You will see four choices at the very top of the screen; choose the fourth and final option, which is labeled Cast. From this point forward, choose the computer from which you want to cast, and then click the following button.
What are the steps I need to take to cast Oculus Quest 2 to my laptop?
Check to ensure that both your Quest 2 and your personal computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Open a web browser on your own computer, preferably Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge. You may log in to Meta’s Oculus casting site by going there in your browser. If you want to access the universal menu on your Quest 2, you may do so by pressing the Oculus button located on the right Touch controller.
Where can I get the Casting Guide for Quest 2?
Oculus Quest 2 may be played on TV by using the headset.
After you have done so, go to the Utilities panel on the right-hand side of the screen, and then click the ‘Cast To’ button. Choose your TV or Chromecast from the list of devices that are available, and then hit the Next button. After that, everything ought to function properly, and your headset ought to start casting.
Is streaming possible with the Oculus Quest 2?
Casting the Quest 2 games onto your own computer is the first step in streaming Oculus Quest 2 on Twitch. After that, use OBS to record the gaming stream coming from your own computer. OBS allows you to broadcast content to Twitch while simultaneously adding extra layers such as your camera output, chat, and so on.
How can I get sound to play when streaming Steam VR on Discord?
Using the SteamVR program, you may share the screen being shown on your VR headset with your friends while streaming VR on Discord by making use of the Go Live functionality that is made accessible by Discord. Casting your experience to the browser and sharing it over Discord is required if you want to share it with Oculus directly.