LastPass is a free online tool that encrypts your various passwords and organizes the multiplicity of passwords you have. If you have many accounts and find it difficult to remember or save securely all of your different account logins, this is a great tool for you to take advantage of. However, as more and more web browsers are beginning to provide this function on their own, LastPass is becoming more unnecessary for certain users. How To Delete Lastpass Account Without Password?
If you’re ready to delete your LastPass account, you may do it directly from your computer. The procedure, however, will be significantly different depending on whether or not you remember your master password. If you don’t remember it, the process will be slightly more involved. In any case, all that is necessary is the email address you used to register for the account, together with the master password (assuming you still have it).
This article will walk you through deleting your LastPass account both with and without your master password.
The steps to take in order to permanently remove your LastPass account using a master password
- Launch your favourite web browser and go to the LastPass.com website.
- On the screen of your tab, locate the “Log In” button in the upper right corner, and then click it. Then, input your credentials.
- Once you have been led to your My LastPass Vault, choose the dropdown menu that is located to the right of your email address in the top right corner.
- From the menu that drops down, choose “Account Settings.”
- In the new window that has shown, go to the area labeled “Account Information,” and then click on the option labeled “My Account.”
- Navigate to the row labeled “Existing User,” and then click the “Delete Account” button that is located to the right of that row.
- When you click the button, a new window will pop up and give you the choice to “Reset” or “Delete.” Click Delete.
- When a dialog box appears asking whether you know your LastPass master password, choose “Yes” from the available options.
- Before choosing “Delete,” you must once again enter your master password.
- When prompted to confirm the deletion, choose “Yes” from the drop-down menu.
How to cancel your LastPass account if you have forgotten your master password
- Open a web browser on your computer and go to http://lastpass.com/delete account.php. 2.
- Click the “Delete” button, which is a combination of red and white.
- When a dialog box opens asking whether you know your LastPass master password, choose “No” from the available options.
- After entering your email address, click the “Send Email” button.
- Open up your inbox on your email client and look for a message from LastPass with the subject line “Confirm your request to terminate your LastPass account.”
- Within the notification, pick the link that reads “now permanently remove my LastPass account.”
- When you are sent to a page that says “Delete Your Account,” click the “Delete” button that is located at the bottom of the page, and then confirm that you want to delete your account.
How can I remove my LastPass account if I am not logged in?
Launch your web browser, then go to lastpass.com/delete account.php on the website.
Tap “No” when prompted by LastPass to confirm that you do not recall your Master Password.
Next, enter the email address that you used when you registered.
What are the consequences of forgetting the master password for LastPass?
To begin the process of recovering your account, go to https://lastpass.com/recover.php after opening the “Forgot password” link located on the window used to log in. You will get an email from LastPass with a link. Clicking on that link will activate LastPass to retrieve the local recovery one-time password.
What will happen if I remove my LastPass account?
To begin the process of permanently and irrevocably erasing your LastPass account along with all of your data, including Sites, Secure Notes, and Form Fills, click the Delete button. This action will be taken immediately. Everything you have had stored in LastPass will be deleted.
When will I be able to use my LastPass account again?
This “soft lockout” period will run for five minutes, at the end of which you will be able to try to log in to LastPass once again. You may regain your account even if you have forgotten your master password by following the instructions in this guide.
Where is the master password for my LastPass account stored?
Windows data storage
After that, go to AppDataLocalLowLastPass OR and run the percent UserProfile percent command. After that, go to AppData/Local Settings/Application Data/LastPass after running the percent UserProfile% command.