iHome is responsible for manufacturing one of the market’s most reasonably priced portable wireless speakers. It is a multifunctional speaker that may be linked to a variety of electronic gadgets. However, there is a great deal of misunderstanding over the proper way to connect an iHome speaker.
In this post, we will be covering all of the Bluetooth connecting techniques that will assist you to connect your iHome speaker to an iPhone or iPad, Android device, Alexa or Google Home device, as well as a laptop or personal computer.
The iHome IBT78 was the model that we utilized, but the pairing procedures for all of the other iHome models, such as the iHome iBT620, iBT70, iBT74, iBT75, and iBT76, will be the same.
How to Connect iHome speaker:
In order to successfully connect your iHome speaker, you will need to complete the instructions below:
- By activating the Bluetooth connection on your device and making it “discoverable,” you may find other devices that use Bluetooth.
- Turn on the speaker that comes with your iHome.
- When you turn on the speaker for the first time, it will immediately begin the auto-pairing process and begin flashing a blue light.
- To link your speaker manually, press and hold the Bluetooth button for two seconds on its control panel.
- To finish pairing, go to the Bluetooth menu on your device and choose “iHome iBT78” from the list of devices. Following a successful connection, the blue light that had been blinking on the speaker will now remain solid blue.
Connect iHome speaker to iPhone:
The following actions need to be taken in order to connect an iPhone to an iHome speaker:
- Open settings on iPhone.
- Use the ‘Bluetooth’ button to turn the feature on. It will immediately begin searching for the newly added device.
- Your iHome IBT78 speaker will show up under the other devices when you choose it. If you are prompted to do so, tap on it and then enter the pairing code 0000 or 1234.
Your iPhone will be linked to the speaker, and you will now be able to stream music from your iPhone.
How to Connect iHome speaker to Android:
Follow the instructions below in order to connect an iHome speaker to an Android device:
- Launch the app labeled “Settings” on the Android smartphone you’re using.
- Tap on the Bluetooth icon under Connections.
- Check to see that the Bluetooth feature on your iHome speaker is on and that it is set to the pairing mode.
- Select the iHome speaker from the list of available devices by tapping on it.
- If you are required to enter a PIN number, enter 0000.
Your Android smartphone will now be linked to the iHome speaker that you were using.
Link iHome speaker to Alexa:
Follow the instructions below to link your Alexa account to your iHome speaker:
- Launch the Alexa app on your mobile device, whether it a phone or a tablet.
- To access the menu, you’ll need to tap the button that’s located in the upper left corner of the screen.
- From the menu, choose the Settings option.
- Tap the Devices option once you’ve scrolled down.
- You may get a list of all the devices that are presently linked to your account by navigating to the “Alexa Built-in Devices” section of the Alexa app.
- Tap the iHome speaker that you would want to link up to Alexa.
- Tap Enable Alexa.
- To complete the process of connecting your speaker to Alexa, follow the steps that appear on-screen.
- Alexa now has expanded capabilities, and you may ask her to play music, answer questions, and do other things.
How to connect iHome speaker to Laptop/Pc via Bluetooth
Follow the instructions below in order to connect an iHome speaker to your laptop or personal computer:
- First things first, check to see whether your computer has Bluetooth capabilities and make sure the iHome Speaker is switched on.
- Verify that a symbol representing Bluetooth can be found in the system tray, which is located in the lower-right hand corner of your screen (near the clock).
- If it does not, you may open the search box by clicking the Start button and typing “Bluetooth” into it. After that, from the list of results, choose “Bluetooth and other devices settings” and click on it.
- After entering the Bluetooth settings, you will need to select the “Add” option and then proceed to follow the on-screen instructions in order to connect your device with your computer.
How to connect iHome speaker to iPad
The iHome speaker may be connected to the iPad by following the instructions below:
- Launch the Settings app on your iPad.
- Click the “Bluetooth” button.
- You will see a listing for your iHome speaker in the “My Devices” section; to use it, touch on the listing.
- In the event that you are requested to enter a passcode, input “0000.”
- After being connected, the speaker ought should display a constant blue light.
- Launch the Music app on your iPad, then choose a song or playlist to play from the iPad’s music library over the speaker.
- The buttons on the iHome speaker may also be used to control the music being played.
How to connect iHome speaker to Google Home
The following actions need to be taken in order to connect an iHome speaker to a Google Home:
- Launch the application for Google Home.
- Hit the Menu button in the upper left corner of the app, then touch Devices, and then tap Add devices.
- To configure a new device, go to Setup > Speaker.
- Check to see that your mobile device, whether it be a phone or a tablet, is linked to the same Wi-Fi network as your Google Home.
- Choose the manufacturer of the speaker you have from iHome.
- Tap the Other brands option if you do not see the brand name of your speaker on the list.
- To connect your speaker to Google Home, you will need to follow the steps that appear on-screen.
After you have connected your speaker, you will be able to use your voice to interact with it by asking it questions and controlling the playing of audio. For instance, one may say, “Hey Google, play music from my bedroom” or “Hey Google, turn out the lights in the living room.” Both of these commands would be carried out by Google. You may also send music or movies to your speaker from applications on your phone or tablet that are compatible with the feature.
How do I connect my iHome speaker to my phone?
To enable Bluetooth on your phone, go to the “Settings” menu and then pick “Bluetooth.”
At this point, your phone ought to do a search for accessible devices. Choose the iHome speaker that you own from the list.
Why is my iHome speaker not connecting?
First things first, make sure the speaker has been charged and that it is switched on. After that, check to see that the Bluetooth connection on your device is active and that the iHome speaker you’re using is in the mode that allows it to pair with other devices. If nothing of those solutions works, you should attempt to reset the iHome speaker and reconnect it.
How do I put my iHome speaker into pairing mode?
You will need to press and maintain pressure on the Bluetooth button located on the iHome speaker for about two to three seconds in order to put the speaker into pairing mode. After that, the speaker will enter pairing mode, at which point it should be displayed in your list of devices.
How do you fix unsuccessful pairing?
In the event that successful pairing is not achieved, the Bluetooth device in question should be powered down and then restarted. In the event that the problem continues, you should delete the Bluetooth device as well as the Nearby devices list from your phone. After then, the phone and the Bluetooth accessory need to be associated with one another once again.