Open the in-game menu after logging in to your Microsoft account, then either build a new world or load an existing one, depending on your preference. You will see a choice that says “Invite to Game.” If you choose that menu item and then tap or click it, a new window will appear. On the next pop-up box, choose the option to “Find Cross-Platform Friends.” You may invite your friends, and as soon as they accept your invitation, they will be able to play the game with you.
How to Add Friends in Minecraft PC?
It is simpler to invite friends into the game if you are using the Bedrock Edition. To get it done:
- Check that you already have a Microsoft account before continuing. If you do not already have a Microsoft account, you may make one on the company’s main website at no cost. It is necessary for you to have it in order to play with your friends, and if you do not have it, you will not be able to add any friends.
- Launch the game, and when prompted, choose the option to “Sign In with a Microsoft Account.” This should be done after you have successfully made an account on the official Microsoft website.
- Follow the directions that have been provided. It ought to be possible for you at this point to connect your game to your Microsoft account.
- You have the option of loading an already existing planet or creating a new one, so choose wisely.
- You should stop the game as soon as you enter it and then go to the options menu inside the game.
- On the left, you will find a list of alternatives written in gray, and on the right, you will notice the option “Invite to Game” written in green. Make sure you click on it.
- After you have done so, a new, more compact window will appear with the “Find Cross-platform Friends” option highlighted in green in the bottom left corner of the window. Make sure you click on it.
- Make an effort to locate your buddies by using their Gamertag. You may also search for them based on the Minecraft ID that they use.
- After you have located your buddy, go to “Add Friend” and then pick “Send 1 Invite” from the drop-down menu.
Here you go. You have done your part. Simply wait for your buddy to accept the invitation that you sent them, and as soon as they do so, they will join you in the Minecraft world that you have created.
Just keep in mind that some Minecraft worlds are exclusive to certain platforms, and if you try to add enemies to one of those worlds and they aren’t playing on the same platform as you, you won’t be able to do so. For instance, the “Mario Mash-Up” universe is exclusive to the Nintendo Switch console. On a personal computer, multiplayer mode is not an option.
How to Add Friends in Minecraft Xbox?
In order to add friends on Xbox, you will need to repeat the procedures described above for adding friends on PC. Nevertheless, there is one step that Xbox players may not be required to carry out. Users of the Xbox One will already be set up with a Microsoft account, thus it will not be necessary for them to register a new account.
To begin adding your friends, begin by following the steps beginning with Step 2 (which are outlined above for PC).
How to Add Friends in Minecraft PS4?
Nothing new to report in this regard either. Be sure to carry out each of the procedures outlined in order to add friends in Minecraft on the PC.
How to Add Friends in Minecraft Mobile?
Because Minecraft Pocket Edition can only be played locally, you and your friends will need to be in the same area or nearby in order to play together on this version of the game.
- Go to “Settings,” and then make sure that the “local server multiplayer” feature is turned “on.”
- Start up the game and make sure you’re logged in with your Microsoft account.
- Make a world, then after it’s finished loading, go back to the main menu.
- Choose a buddy to invite, then have them accept your invitation to play Minecraft with you.
How to Accept a Friend Request in Minecraft PC?
To accept a friend request on your Minecraft PC client, you will need to go through the following steps:
- In Minecraft, go to the home menu and choose “friend list” from there.
- After that, a notice will appear on your screen that reads, “You got a friend request.” Click on this important message.
- If you tap on the message, a list of all the friend requests that have been made to you will be shown.
- Pick the friend request that interests you the most to accept.
- Your request to be friends will now be processed shortly once it has been submitted.
How to Play With Friends in Minecraft?
When it comes to connecting with your friends and playing Minecraft together, the two versions of the game use two completely different sets of protocols. Let’s see if we can get an idea of how it might function on each platform.
How to Play With Friends in Minecraft PC?
You are able to play on an online server in the Java Edition of the game by connecting to it using the specific IP address of one of your friends’ multiplayer servers. You will need to download the server file in order to configure your server. If you wish to do this, click here. In such case, you should connect to the server of a buddy.
Mineplex, Lifeboat, and InPvP are the three official servers that are available in Bedrock Edition. You are free to choose and join any of the servers that appeal to you so that you may play with your companions.
How to Play With Friends in Minecraft Xbox?
Bedrock Edition can only be played online with friends on Xbox One via the same three official servers: Mineplex, Lifeboat, and InPvP. If you own an Xbox One, you can only play the Bedrock Edition. You can also add external servers by selecting “Add Server” and then entering the relevant information. This is done in the same manner as adding internal servers.
How to Play With Friends in Minecraft PS4?
The Bedrock Edition of Minecraft can also be played on PS4, and it has support for Mineplex, InPvP, and Lifeboat servers. On the other hand, because of limitations imposed by the platform, you will not be able to add any external servers.
How to Play With Friends in Minecraft Mobile?
The Minecraft PE version also includes access to the same three servers: Mineplex, InPvP, and Lifeboat. You may choose any of the servers to play on with your pals, and you can do so anywhere you want.
How to Play Minecraft with Friends without Realms?
Without entering a realm, there are two different methods to play with pals in Minecraft. Local area network (LAN) and servers.
If you want to play games with your pals via a local area network (LAN), you’ll need to use the same LAN port. Launching the game via a local area network (LAN) connection allows your pals to join you in the action.
You may play on the servers by going to the multiplayer page and adding the address of the server where your buddies play. You ought to be able to catch up with them not long after that.